Solution To Word Cannot Start The Converter Mswrd632.wpc
Are you getting some kind of converter related errors like this while opening a doc or docx extension file in MS Word version in Windows?
'word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc'
This very error can happen with any version of MS Word. This converter related error occurs due to Microsoft security updates that was mentioned for Windows version like XP. It happens in the situation when you have a simple plain file with a doc or docx extension and you try to open it in word, you are likely to get the error. On the other hand, the error also occurs when someone opens a word documents created in older versions of Word like 97 and try to open it in the newer versions. Opening such files in Windows is the responsibility of the MS Word converters.
How to Resolve
In order to eliminate and flush off the word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc error, the very first thing would be to unregistering the text converters working behind the MS Word. In order to do this, you will have to navigate to the windows registry settings. Follow and implement the below mentioned steps to do away with it.
- In the Run dialog box, type the word regedit to open the registry editor.
- After that, in the Windows that opens, navigate to the following path:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Text Converters\Import\MSWord6.wpc (In 32 bit Version Windows) or,
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Text Converters\Import\MSWord6.wpc ( For 64 bit Version Windows)
- Now go to the Edit menu, select the delete option to delete the key MSWord6.wpc there.
- And now click Yes button to proceed and then exit the registry editor.
- After you are all done with this, you will see a File conversion box when you open word document. Check the file extension that is recognized by MS Word.
If the following does not seem to work, other solution to this is to copy the registry key that is MSWord6.wpc from another PC and paste it here
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv\
But after doing this all, if you still getting this very error all the while, then the word document could have been damaged or corrupted severely. For such instances, you need some effective automatic third party docx repair tool that could be powerful enough to fix word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc error easily and thus resolving the non-opening word file.